1977 Lion and Sun Ring
Pahlavi coin ring, beautifully made by hand using the original 1977 Pahlavi coin by gold and Rhodium plated brass. Ring Size: Open in one size and can be adjusted to fit any finger size.
The term “Persian ring” is quite broad and can refer to various types of rings that have connections to Persian culture or history. Here are a few different interpretations of what a Persian ring could mean:
- Historical Significance: Persian rings could be ancient or historical rings originating from the Persian Empire, which existed from approximately 550 BCE to 330 BCE. These rings might have been crafted with intricate designs, precious metals, and gemstones, reflecting the artistic and cultural achievements of the Persian civilization.
- Symbolic Rings: Persian rings could also refer to rings that bear specific symbols or motifs significant in Persian culture. These symbols might include depictions of mythical creatures like dragons or phoenixes, intricate geometric patterns, or calligraphy featuring Persian poetry or religious verses.
- Traditional Persian Jewelry: In a broader sense, Persian rings may encompass various types of rings found in traditional Persian jewelry. Persian jewelry often features vibrant gemstones, intricate metalwork, and motifs inspired by nature, flowers, or animals. Rings may be adorned with gemstones such as turquoise, lapis lazuli, onyx, or rubies, and the designs can vary depending on the region and historical period.
The Lion and Sun (Persian: شیر و خورشید, pronounced: shir o khorshid) is one of the main emblems of Iran (Persia).
Lion and Sun Ring Details:
- Material: Brass, Nickel coin
- Metal Color: Gold and silver
- Style: Lion and sun coin
- Ring Display size: 2.5cm
- Coin Style: 1 Rial Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi Aria Mehr Shah of Iran
- Coin Material: Nickel
- Coin Year of issue: 1977
- Fix color, 1-year warranty
Discover more Persian Rings here!