FISH HAFT SEEN SET
The haft sin set is handmade and made of ceramic and is inspired by fish , flower & bird.
- Set of 6 small plates & a large plate with a Mirror and two fish candle.
- Pottery with white clay (porcelain) baked at 1000 degrees Celsius
- The designs are drawn with a brush
- It is painted with mineral paints and glazes
- Lead-free glaze
- Glaze painting technique
- Washable Cloud Scotch
- Small plates size: H 13 cm D. 6 cm
- Large plate size: 24 cm
- Mirror size: 20*30 cm
- Mirror technique: Decoupage technique, MDF wood, Based
- Material: Ceramic
- Design: Fish , Flower & Bird
- Fish bowl motifs symbolize blessing, Flower and Bird design plate
- Artist: Mr Mohammad Hussein Bahari
Due to the deformation of the dimensions, it may be up to 2 cm smaller and larger.
FISH HAFT SEEN
A fish Haft Seen set is a traditional table setting used during the Persian New Year celebration known as Nowruz. The Haft Seen table includes seven items that start with the Persian letter “sin”, as well as other traditional items such as candles, flowers, and pastries. Some common items that may be placed on the Haft Seen table include: sprouts or grains (symbolizing rebirth and renewal), a sweet pudding made from wheat germ (symbolizing affluence), dried fruit (symbolizing love), garlic (symbolizing medicine), apples (symbolizing health and beauty), sumac berries (symbolizing the sunrise), and vinegar (symbolizing age and patience).
A fish Haft Seen set would include items that feature fish or aquatic themes, such as bowls or plates decorated with fish designs or figurines of fish. The set may also include fish-themed items such as fish-shaped candles or pastries. A fish Haft Seen set may be purchased at stores that specialize in Persian or Middle Eastern goods, or it may be handmade. It is often used as a decorative item or as a gift during the Persian New Year celebration.
Click to see more Nowruz Haft-seen Sets.