The Sofreh Haft Seen Mini Gift Set is a product commonly used during the Iranian New Year celebration called Nowruz. Nowruz is an ancient festival that marks the beginning of spring and the start of a new year in the Persian calendar, which typically falls on the first day of spring, around March 21st.
The Sofreh Haft Seen is a traditional table setting prepared for the Nowruz celebration. It typically includes seven items that all begin with the Persian letter “sin” (س), which represents the sound “s” in Persian. These seven items are:
- Sabzeh (سبزه) – wheat or lentil sprouts are grown in a dish, representing rebirth and growth.
- Samanu (سمنو) – a sweet pudding made from sprouted wheat, representing fertility and the sweetness of life.
- Senjed (سنجد) – dried fruit from the lotus tree, representing love.
- Serkeh (سرکه) – vinegar, representing age and patience.
- Sib (سیب) – apples, representing health and beauty.
- Somagh (سماق) – sumac, a spice representing the color of sunrise and the victory of light over darkness.
- Sir (سیر) – garlic, represents medicine and good health.
It makes a thoughtful and meaningful gift for those celebrating Nowruz, representing the hope and renewal that comes with the start of a new year.
Sofreh Haft Seen Mini Gift Set Details:
- Uncle Nowruz and Nene Sarma handmade dolls
- Haft Sin Miniature
- A plaster rabbit as a gift from us to you