HERITAGE HAFT SIN SET
This beautiful heritage Haft sin set is fully handmade by our artist based in North of Iran.
The design of this haft seen is inspired by traditional Persian women dressing.
The set includes 7 platers, 2 candle holders and a mirror.
- Plate Height: 16 cm
- Mirror Size: 20 cm
- Material: ceramic
The plate has been glazed in 950 degrees and can be hand washed. Can be used trough out of the year for special occasions.
Haft Sin is a traditional table setting in Iranian culture, typically prepared for the Persian New Year celebration, known as Nowruz. The word “haft sin” means “seven S’s,” and the items on the table traditionally start with the letter “sin,” which is the Persian letter corresponding to the English letter “S.” The Haft Sin table typically includes seven items, each with symbolic meaning:
- Sabzeh: sprouts or wheatgrass, symbolizing rebirth and growth
- Senjed: dried fruit, symbolizing love
- Seer: garlic, symbolizing health
- Samanu: sweet pudding, symbolizing abundance and fertility
- Sib: apples, symbolizing beauty and health
- Sirka: vinegar, symbolizing age and patience
- Sumac: spice, symbolizing the sunrise
The Haft Sin table may also include other items, such as candles, coins, and a mirror, all of which have symbolic meaning in the Nowruz celebration. The Haft Sin set is an important part of the Nowruz celebration, and is often displayed in a prominent place in the home.
Discover more haft-seen by persis HERE .