Persian Poetry Haft Seen Set
Handmade ceramic Haft Sin Set decorated with Persian poetry and calligraphy art.
Haft Seen is a traditional table setting in Persian culture that is typically displayed during the Persian New Year celebration known as Nowruz. The Haft Seen table typically includes seven items that start with the Persian letter “sin,” which is the first letter of the Persian alphabet. Each of these items represents a particular theme or concept, and they are meant to symbolize the hopes and wishes for the new year. The items that are typically included in a Haft Seen table setting are:
- Sabzeh: Sprouts or wheat grass, symbolizing rebirth and renewal.
- Samanu: A sweet pudding made from wheat germ, symbolizing affluence and abundance.
- Senjed: Dried fruit from the lotus tree, symbolizing love.
- Sib: Apples, symbolizing beauty and health.
- Siir: Garlic, symbolizing medicine and protection.
- Sumac: A spice, symbolizing the sunrise.
- Seer: A type of cooked fish, symbolizing abundance and fertility.
Haft Seen is an important part of Persian culture and tradition, and it is a fun and meaningful way to celebrate the new year.
- 6x Small plate: 12 cm
- 1x Large plate: 18 cm
- 1x Mirror: 20 cm
- Material: ceramic
The plate has been glazed at 950 degrees and can be hand washed. Do not microwave or use in the oven.
Decorative and not suitable for everyday use.
Discover more haft-seen by persis HERE.