SYMBOLS HAFT SEEN SET
The haft sin set is handmade and made of ceramic and is inspired by symbols of haft sin.
Set of 6 side plates & a middle plate with a Mirror and two candlesticks.
- Side plates size: Diameter 15.5 cm
- Middle plate size: Diameter 15.5 cm Height 4 cm
- Mirror Size: 24*17 cm
- Material Mirror: Ceramic
- Mirror with desktop stand
- Technique: Sub glaze
- Material: Ceramic
- Design: Symbols of Haft sin
- Black pen writing by hand Lead-free turquoise glaze
- Can be used for food
- Glaze firing temperature 1100 degrees
- Geometric bodies of slurry casting
- Washable with cloudy scotch
- Approximate container dimensions
- Artist:Jafar Panahande
The meanings of the writings are the symbols of the seventies
- Love = Sanjd
- Health = apple
- Life = green
- Barakat = Semno
- Satisfaction = garlic
- Surrender = vinegar
- Tolerance = Sumac
- سلامت= سیب
- حیات= سبزه
- برکت= سمنو
- قناعت= سیر
- تسلیم= سرکه
- بردباری= سماق
Due to the shape of the dishes, the sizes are approximate.
HAFT SEEN SET
Haft Seen is a traditional table setting used during the Persian New Year celebration of Nowruz. The name Haft Seen means “seven S’s,” and refers to the seven symbolic items that are placed on the table as part of the display. These items, which may include sprouts, a sweet pudding, dried fruit, vinegar, apples, sumac berries, and garlic, are meant to represent wishes for the new year. The Haft Seen set can be colorful and decorative, and may include items such as flowers and candles. It is typically displayed in a prominent location in the home during the Nowruz celebration.
Click to see more Nowruz Haft-seen Sets.