Shamse Haft Seen Set
The haft sin set is handmade and made of ceramic and is inspired by Persian art..
Set of 6 side bowls & a middle bowl with a Mirror and two candlesticks.
- Side plates size: Diameter 15.5 cm
- Middle plate size: Diameter 15.5 cm Height 4 cm
- Mirror Size: 24*17 cm
- Material Mirror: Ceramic
- Mirror with desktop stand
- Technique: Sub glaze
- Material: Ceramic
- Design: Symbols of Haft sin
- Black pen writing by hand Lead-free turquoise glaze
- Can be used for food
- Glaze firing temperature 1100 degrees
- Geometric bodies of slurry casting
- Washable with cloudy scotch
- Approximate container dimensions
- Artist:Jafar Panahande
Due to the shape of the dishes, the sizes are approximate.
Haft Seen Set
Haft Seen is a traditional display of seven items that are arranged on a table during the celebration of the Persian New Year, known as Nowruz. These items, which begin with the Persian letter “sin,” are meant to symbolize various aspects of life. The Haft Seen table setting can vary from family to family, but common items that may be included are sprouts, symbolizing rebirth; a sweet pudding, symbolizing affluence; dried fruit, symbolizing love; apples, symbolizing health and beauty; garlic, symbolizing medicine; sumac berries, symbolizing the color of sunrise; and vinegar, symbolizing age and patience. It is customary for family and friends to visit and view the Haft Seen display during the week leading up to Nowruz, and the celebration of Nowruz and the Haft Seen tradition are an important part of Iranian culture.
Click to see more Nowruz Haft-seen Sets.